Today marks the start of #48in48 – a Canada-wide campaign that aims to have 48,000 Canadians register their organ donation decision. In light of that, and this week being National Organ and Tissue Donor Awareness Week (NOTDAW) – I encourage you to take 30 seconds out of you day to register/verify your decision about Organ Donation.
Both can be done online, in less than 30 seconds by clicking this link: https://register.transplant.bc.ca/
(*Please note, signing up with your Drivers Licence is no longer a valid record of registration – it must be done using your BC CareCard)
If you have questions or concerns about what registering as an organ donor means, this link may provide you with a few answers: http://transplant.bc.ca/about/who-we-are
Thank you for your consideration to register as an Organ Donor – it is a wonderful opportunity to give the gift of life, and a cause that means so much.
Green light campaign
From April 23-29, watch as cities across the province transform into a sea of green in support for organ and tissue donation. Catch the view at the following locations and share your photos on social media using the hashtag #LightBCGreen.
- April 24 – Vancouver: Science World, Canada Place, BC Place
- April 24 – Coquitlam: Lafarge Lake Fountain
- April 24 – Whistler: Fitzsimmons Creek Bridge
- April 24 & 25 – Vancouver: Telus Garden and Harbour Centre
- April 23-29 – Victoria: BC Legislature
- April 23-29 – North Vancouver: District Hall
- April 29 – Vancouver: Olympic Cauldron at Jack Poole Plaza